Saturday, September 24, 2016

He is Still My Teeny Tiny Baby, I Don't Care If He's 10 Months!!!

Oh my goodness......These past 10 months have truly flown. I thought life was going fast when we just had Jax. Now I feel like we are moving at warp speed. Our Bens is 10 months and I have go into full out denial mode, especially the fact that he is 2 months from turning 1. We adore our little red! He is the sweetest thing around with a side of spitfire. Here is a little more about our little dude........

- He is such a momma's boy and it makes my heart so happy! The only time it's a struggle is when he goes into full on melt down mode.....including other people trying to hold him, strangers looking at him and me leaving the room. The separation anxiety and stranger danger are a struggle and it's hit epic proportions! But we still love him!!!
- He hates baby food more now than ever. Literally he screams whenever the spoon gets close. He only likes table food, especially whatever I'm eating.  I'm not used to having a baby eat off my plate (Jax's food allergies). I love/hate it! It's awesome that Bens is a good eater (he doesn't eat a lot but he tries everything) but my food definitely disappears quicker. 
- He refuses to be my monkey, which includes attempting to get him to mimic clapping, waving, dancing or saying babble words. He can do all of these things just not on command for me. Stinker! 
- He continues to babble dadda the most and not ever momma. Boo! But still cute :) 
- He standing with less and less support and it's so fun to see his confidence grow!
- He does the fish swim when he thinks he wants to crawl but gets to excited and ends up on his belly in the fish swim position. Unfortunately the fish swim doesn't make him mobile. I'm not super sad about him not being mobile but it's definitely different than my experience with Jax at this age and his zoom zoom abilities. 
- He is still a toothless wonder and I'm not complaining. He is definitely teething though which can make for a grumpy babes at time.  
- The copper redhead is as awesome as ever and he still has the baby blues. Fingers crossed he keeps both! 
- He loves animal noises and any song someone will sing to him. His love for music is the cutest! He is dad's child for sure since I can't carry a tune or keep a beat. 
- He adores (maybe a little bit of an understatement) story time. He dances when we sit in the chair in his room and automatically reaches for his books on the small table. He loves to turn the page and flip through the book all by himself. His new favorite book is "Where is Baby's Belly Button". Pretty sure he loves the element of surprise of the flaps......it's the stinkin' cutest! 
- He is flicker, whacker when trying to figure out how something works
 - He is still a very distracted nurser and is now obsessed with playing with my nips and/or scratching my sides. 
- He will go to a kid (aka cousin) over an adult anytime. Loves kiddos! The stranger danger doesn't exist with them. 
- Still loves his brother more than anyone else, that includes mom and dad. 
- He has the cutest little bum bounce when he gets excited and he also loves to slam his feet and legs down....it's the most funny to him. 
- He is usually good about telling us no with a head shake and has happy screams for yes
- He has monkey feet. He loves to grab things from his hands with his feet.....it's hilarious and he gets so proud of himself! 
- He is still a crapper sleeper. still getting up 2x a night. 
- He loves to stand and sometimes refuses to sit. 
- He now loves to get his diaper changed. He hates to sit in poop and who can blame him! 
- He may be getting closer to crawling, mainly because he is getting more curious about getting to stuff around him. He is also constantly trying to get down when being held and reaching for everything. 
- He started scooting backwards on his tummy and it's pretty funny to watch. He will see something he wants to get in front of him but will still scoot backwards. 

Jax at 10 Months

No comments: