Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

Oh Mother's Day.....you tricky minx you. Both a day to celebrate my own motherhood, reflecting on the divinity of my role on this Earth, while celebrating and appreciating others who have been a mother to me and my own wonderful and loving mom. And also a day I try not to dissect everything I do wrong as a mom and dwell on it. Like I said tricky! But man on man am I blessed to have these boys and another baby on the way. They are my joy, my happiness, my frustrations, my good and happy tears as well as my fearful and sad tears. They are my everything. I find such joy in being their mom, even though every day has it's hiccups including tears, tantrums, spit ups, giggles, and so much more. There is truly more joy in the small moments than get me from challenging moment A to challenging moment B. I hope my boys always know the unwavering, deep rooted, unfailing forever love I have for them. It is more fierce and unconditional than I EVER could have imagined and how grateful I am for that and for them. 
I am also so incredibly grateful for my own mother. For her example of unconditional, encouraging love. For her deep rooted kindness and concern for her children and grandchildren. She is one of the sweetest people on this earth and I blessed that she is in my life and my children's. She is the light in our family and is constantly running on all cylinders (even when she is not supposed to). She serves with happiness in her heart and a light in her soul. We are truly blessed to have her! 
Lastly I feel incredibly blessed to have those around me that have served not only an example of motherhood to me but have also mothered and loved me. I have so many wonderful women in my life and for that I could not be more grateful! 
Mother's Day from the past......2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012

No comments: