Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's day to all my dear family and friends who are ladies. I truly believe now more than ever, it does not take having a baby to be a mother. Mothers come in all forms, in all stages of life. I am so grateful for all the motherly and nurturing types in my life. They encourage me a better person and better mom to my little guy. I am also beyond grateful to be Jaxson's momma. I was reading over the past two mother's day posts. Last year was a rough one. Jaxson was at a very difficult stage for me. He essentially didn't like me :( and only wanted his dad. Me and my little guy have been through a lot this past year and I have personally been through a lot trying to have a second child. And now more than ever, I am so incredibly grateful and humbled to be his momma and enjoy the sacred role of being a mom! He truly inspires me to be more patient, kind, sweet, loving, knowledgable, fun, accepting and so much more. He is the light of life, no matter how crazy he is or exhausted I feel at the end of the day. He's the best of me and Jon all rolled up into an adorable terror package. While our days as mother and son are imperfect, we are blessed with amazing tiny moments together and I could not be grateful! :) 

My Mother's Day morning.....
I loved hearing the pitter patter (or rather stomp stomp) of my bubs down the hall, yelling momma, momma. After his hallway stomps, he came busting in our room carrying a card, toting Jon along side of him, who carrying french toast. Yum! I'm pretty sure, he loved my card as much as I did! Love my boys and so grateful for their effort to make me feel special. 
Pics of me and my boy!!!
After church, Jon had to head to work and Jax and I headed to the Watsons for a BBQ. So much fun and so sweet of them to open up their home on Mother's day.

I also so grateful for my own mother. She has always been a constant support in my life. Kind, loving, nurturing and encouraging. She is a great example of unconditional love and I am so grateful she has always been in my corner. :) 
Mother's Days from the past.....2013 & 2012

No comments: