Saturday, June 4, 2016

Week of Tiny Moments - May 29th to June 4th

05.29-05.30 
These days got their own posts :) 

05.31
I think someone likes his new hat.
Being extremely cute is exhausting! 
My little artist! I love when he wants to paint....it's the cutest! Today he went from painting his car magnets to the paper roll.
Benson thinks Jax and I crazy....but I think we are pretty awesomely silly!

06.01
Chilling in bed and building pillow caves....love slow mornings with my boys! 

06.02
Today we met with the new allergist at Rocky Mountain Allergy in Murray. We have been wanting switch, not because we didn't love Jaxson's first allergist because honestly we really did (He was thorough, thoughtful and very kind); but because we want to put Jax in the immunotherapy for his peanut allergy. His old allergist doesn't offer the service as it is relatively new for food allergies, especially peanut allergies. We also wanted to get Benson tested to see if he had any allergies, two birds one stone or rather one visit....one long visit. So we spoke with the allergist about testing and retesting both boys. He said the poke/scratch skin test was more of an indicator of allergy existence but the blood test would give more accurate levels. So we decided to do a skin test of Benson and a blood test on Jax. They don't do the blood draws in office so we will need to find a facility contracted with our insurance to do that. Today we ended up only doing Benson's skin test which showed a slight allergy to coconut....what the what?!?? Whatever.....I'll take it. Big chance he will out grow it. When Benson's back started to develop a welt from the coconut protein.....I almost had a nervous break down. I seriously was getting light headed, sweating and was on the verge of tears. I just knew it was a peanut allergy. Thankfully I was wrong! So now we just need to get Jax's blood drawn and sent in and we will go from there. If he is still anaphylactic (which I am thinking he is) he will get put on the waiting list for the immunotherapy (the wait is about a year). We are also hoping his dairy has gone down enough for a food challenge. Fingers crossed for good news. Now to find a contracted facility for the blood draw! :) 
Das a handsome sleepy boy! Love the puffy wake up face! He is also a little suburned.....whoops! Need to be extra, super duper, careful with this fair skinned babes. Even shade that let's in a little light here and there is no good for our sweet boy! 

06.03
Bens is still so fuzzy! I love his blonde fuzz! This is his sweet little shoulder. 
And I could eat popsicles with this boy every day! 

06.04
Love morning snuggles with this little mister!
Backyard fun with two of my favorite guys! One stayed in the pool and one stayed in the shade....I bet you can't guess which stayed where. ;) Ha! 

No comments: