Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day!

Happy Father's day to my hubby! Our boys absolute adore him and he, them. I knew when Jon and I started dating he would be a great dad. He is loving, kind, playful, funny and fun. They enjoy his energy, goofiness, kindness and so much more. We are so grateful that he is ours forever. 
He made it out of bed before we could bring breakfast to him. And I didn't quite get to the store (Kneaders) to make his traditional french toast. But he was a great sport about his waffles with strawberries and cream. 
My three ridiculously handsome boys before church! A good dad teaching his boys to be a good dads and men :). 
Jon had to work on Father's Day (left after Sacrament meeting at church). So after Benson's nap we headed down to Verizon to hang out with our favorite. 
Before we went I asked Jaxson some questions about his dad: 
How old is Dad? 4
What's Dad's favorite food? Specials leaves
What's Dad's job? Playing with friends
My favorite thing to do with Dad is......to play with him. 
Who is Dad's best friend? Me (Jax)
Dad always says.......We play and jump on the trampoline.
Dad helps me when.....he helps clean up my messes. 
Dad is funny when.....I wrestle him.  
A treat Jaxson colored at church and gave dad aka Jon. 
He was super bugged we had to leave dad at work. :( This boy beyond adores his dad. 

I'm also very grateful for my own dad. He is always his own worst critic. Remembering the hard, the mistakes. As a parent, I now know the weight the mistakes carry and the hurt of the hard. Parenting is the best, hardest, most rewarding and challenging thing in this life. But for my Dad, I always wish and emphasize that I chose to remember the best in my childhood. The memories of happy, goofy, loving, sincere, caring, teaching, etc. And there were many. I was always encouraged to be a hard worker, to give more than I received, to feel no entitlement, to love family, to laugh, to live. I hope my dad always knows perfection was not required in his parenting and my love is endless and appreciation for him is abundant. 

I'm also very grateful for my step dad Rick. He is such a good man and loves my mom's kiddos (including me) like his own. He is caring and giving and I am so grateful I got a bonus dad. ;) 

No comments: