Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Letting Go...Just A Little

So I haven't had a haircut in a while. When I say a while I mean two years this coming October. I had it cut before family pictures in October 2012. Two months later we decided to start trying for another baby so I decided to start growing it out like I did with my pregnancy with Jax because short hair is rough stuff when you are preggers in my world. After our second failed IUI, I started to feel like all I was, was our infertility. It had started to define me and I resented it. It was constantly on my mind. The failure, the heart break, the helplessness, the pain, the guilt, the stress, the anxiety. It had become extremely consuming. I wanted to stamp my forehead....Yes I am 30. Yes I have an almost 3 year old. No my pooch is not a baby, it's fat from eating my infertility feelings. I realized I was holding onto my hair as hard I was holding onto everything that was starting to define me. So I decided to do something to help me feel like me again. So I cut off about 7 inches. After Amber was done cutting and styling my hair, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and it was amazing. When it was all said and done, I cried because of the heartbreak of letting ago even if just a little bit. And I also cried because I found a little bit of me again.

No comments: