Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Day of Reminders

Today has been one of those days. The kind of day where everything reminds me of our infertility struggles. Sure, there are the standard triggers I know to avoid close to the beginning of my cycle. I avoid baby announcements, pregnancy announcements, Facebook, Instagram, specific blogs, etc. But today my triggers have been everywhere. They are staring me in the face, almost mocking me. It's been something as simple as walking down to the basement to change the laundry and seeing piles of infant things. The swing, car seat, bath tub, boxes and boxes of clothes. Seeing the items, caused every emotion to rip to the surface, rawer than before. The crazy girl thoughts came to my mind. Wondering if Jon and I would ever have a baby to in our car seat again. I know things will get better in a couple of days. The reminders won't be every where I turn and the pain won't hurt quite as bad. Now it's just waiting for the storm to pass. 
"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." 
-Lou Houtz 

No comments: