Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Mini Man's First Day (of the 2nd Year) of Preschool

Today was Jaxson's first day of his 2nd and last year of preschool! We switched to a neighborhood preschool, Kurious Kiddos with Megan Millington and we could not be more excited. He really liked her when we toured the preschool and the open house, so I'm really hopeful for the new school year. 
Here is actually the prep for his school bag from yesterday (08/22/16): 
Jax was so excited to go to Hobby Lobby and pick out some iron ons and fabric markers to snazz up his bag. He ended up picking letters for his name, a race car, Captain America Shield, Spiderman mask and neon fabric markers. With the fabric markers he was so cute! He drew our little family holding hands (you can tell which one is Jon because he put the hair on his face, not his head....pretty freakin' awesome!). He also drew him and his dad eating oranges from an orange tree playing in the lake. Lastly he drew a rainbow and his name. Man I love this kiddo! :) 
All the preschool prep the night before - DONE! :) A little surprise for my favorite student :). 
Bubs woke up and headed straight for his surprise.....flash cards (alphabet & numbers), a book about a dinosaur going to school & new Cat In the Hat pencils and stickers. Needless to say our mister was in heaven!!! He just loves to be thought of......little or big :). 
I decided it might be a good idea to get this kiddo out of the house during Benson's nap and burn some energy!!!! Needless to say, this kid doesn't need a lot of encouragement to go out play, explore, have fun and burn some energy (even though I am pretty sure he has an infinite amount ;)). We definitely had a great morning! 
Gahhhhhhh look at this handsome 4 year old preschooler of mine! Can he please stop growing up so quickly?!?!? He looks like he about 12 in these pictures and it's killing me!!!!! He was so excited to get ready and go to school. I am pretty sure he was on the verge of bursting all morning. 
Gotta get a picture with brother......he is getting heavy for Jax! Haha! Love that little fat headed babes and so does his big brother but I am pretty sure Benson still loves Jaxson the most! 
We had the best special visitor EVER this morning! Our MaDeb (my mom) stopped by to see Jax off to school. She got mister Jax dressed and as we were getting ready to leave, he said, "Grandma you are coming too right?" My mom happily obliged and then he asked that Grandma walk him into school. I went too of course but he was soooooo happy to have her there. Totally made the experience that much sweeter! When he walked in he was a little apprehensive but then he and my mom played legos for a minute and he was ready to bid us goodbye! Love my brave, amazingly awesome boy!!!!!
He was all smiles when I picked him up. He was a little short on the details which isn't uncommon for him but said he had a great time and was excited to go back. 
We waited until Dad got home from work and then headed to our traditional first day of ice cream. I am so proud of Jax and I hope he has a great year!

No comments: