Sunday, October 20, 2013

Let's Hear It...Wahoo for 2!!!! :)

My babes is two years old!!! First of all, how did time manage to go so quickly this past year....it's killing me! And second, I couldn't be more grateful and happy to be the mom to this sweet, crazy, mischievous little guy is mine. Little mister has grown up so much the past year it's truly astounding. When I look back at pictures or watch videos, I am amazed at where he was and where he is now. He is his own little person, bursting with personality. Which is the perfect mix of funny, sweet, wild, crazy, feisty, loving, adventurous and awesomeness! Being his mom is really amazing. Even though he has crazy amounts of energy that are hard to tackle and parent sometimes, I truly and absolutely adore him 100%. He brings an amazing energy and lightness to our family.  He reminds me to not take things to serious and let a lot of stuff ago. He loves his little life and seriously finds joy in the simplest things. Just love him!

I really wish I was better about documenting Jax's milestones and funny things like I did his first years but here are a few things that I would love to remember about where he is right now (& the past few months! Ha!). 

He loves to play in Jon's car. He seriously thinks sitting in the driver's seat is the best thing ever and the horn...oh buddy....makes life complete for my little guy. The only challenge we have is getting out of the car. 

Jon and I always joke that Jax has spiderman feet and hands because they are so clammy. They literally grip everything and makes his ability to scale up things amazingly awesome!

He stills like to kick when he gets his diaper changed....so fun ;). Oh wait, so not fun! Potty training cannot come soon enough! 

Family hug....I love when Jon is holding Jax and I go in for a Jax kiss, he will keep one arm around Jon's shoulder and then wrap his other around me and pull us all together, till all of our heads are lined up and we are in a family hug. It's probably the cutest thing EVER!

I love that he shakes his head when he does his horse noise. He also scrunches his nose for the pig noise and does his elephant trunk backwards! Heart that!

He has starting giving hugs to other little kids and it's so cute! The first time he did I was on the edge of my seat thinking he was going in for the tackle and thankfully gave a good hug and let go without a tackle to the ground! Triumph!

He loves to play on mom and dad's bed, which includes jumping, tackling pillows, hiding in blankets and doing awesome bottom busters.

Every high five with this crazy guy comes with an exuberant "yay!". He also says "yay" and claps when he is proud of something he has done. It pretty much does not get cuter. 

I love that his music jam is I Am a Child of God. Whenever he is grumpy in the car, I turn on his jam and he instantly mellows. Its also the song we end with every night when he goes to bed. I ask him if he wants his favorite jam and he always does the cutest little giggle. He also loves the the duck song (from Nursery). When I sing it to him, I will stop when the momma duck is supposed to quack and I ask him what a duck says and he always quick with his quack quack...I love it. He also a huge fan of the monkey song and anticipates the alligator getting his belly with the cutest evil genius belly laugh ever! Twinkle, Twinkle and Bunny Fu Fu definitely make it on our tuck in play list. If he wants Bunny Fu, Fu, he says the cutest fu, fu ever! I kind of want him to ask for that song every night because of how cute he says it and I love that my Grandma Letti used to always sing it to me as a kid. 

It's so cute when Jax and Jon head down to the basement for some guy time. They race Jax's car (he got from the Johnson's for his birthday) which Jax promptly tries to run over with the bubble car, saying beep, beep. Then he practices his slam dunks. After he dunks it, he runs circles as a congratulations to himself, saying yay, yay.

His "help me" is so cute! I love when he says it! Is it bad that I want him to need my help all the time just so he says it!?!? Probably ;)

I love/hate that we are still watching Mickey Mouse Christmas and have been since last December! I love that he loves Mickey because it's super cute but I hate that we mostly watch the Christmas edition. Thankfully he has realized that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is pretty great! He also now sleeps with his Mickey from the Watsons (for his birthday) every nap and night night. 

He is the cutest when he says "dadda" just when he misses Jon. Like pretty much every time he wakes up from a nap and Jon is at work. 

He has turned into quite the little chef. Seriously loves to bake. He is getting super good at scooping, dumping and stirring. He especially loves using the big mixer. So much so I have to unplug it when I go to the other end of the counter to get more ingredients because it inevitably goes on high when I don't. 

He loves to jump and dance, especially when he has people cheerleading for him! When that happens he goes crazy! 

He still practices what we like to call the spoon kill shot. Every time he gets food on his spoon, he turns it side ways and the majority of the food falls off....spoon kill shot! Haha, it's his ultimate adversary ;) 

Jax is a guy's guy. He is a dadda's boy and thinks his uncles are the coolest. Mom and his aunties are still cool but just not as cool as his guys. 

I love that he still thinks it's so funny to wear my sunglasses. :) 

His throaty laugh is AMAZING! There really is no other way to describe it other than AMAZING! He is such a little evil minion and an awesome laugh to go with it! Along with the awesome laugh he has a great evil genius smile.....I'm in trouble....yup!

Jax thinks bottom busters should be done on a trampoline, bed, and whatever floor he pleases. Good thing his diaper give him cush for his tush. 

He loves all of his cousins! When they entertain him, he thinks they walk on water and will play with them for forever! 

This is one thing I could do without because it's not super nice but it's still so funny! When I want to keep Jax out of areas, like the pantry, I give him the booty block. Well guess who started doing it in nursery! Like I said, not super nice but oh so funny!

He is kind of scared of the basement. We took the baby gate down because he is a big boy (& because he accidentally ripped the baby gate out of the wall). So now he grabs mine or Jon's hands and says go, go, go pointing to the basement....bless him! It's cold in the basement...mom never lasts that long. 

His "gorilla challenge" kills me! Ahhhh this kid of mine! Jax plays really well about 2 years older than him and up. Kids his own age and under not so much!!! When they get in "his space" or when he gets in their space, he will either give kiddos the booty block or his new favorite, the gorilla chest bump. Like I said....ahhhhh! I swear he doesn't mean to be bugger bully but sometimes he is! 

Every time Jax hears a door knock and door bell ring, he runs to me, wants me to lift him up and gets so excited, like jumping in my arms excited...no matter who it is. Him loves people...kind of ;)

He loves a car chase. Jax still does not like the car. So to make trips in the car more bearable for both of us we decided to do car chases. Whenever we see a semi-truck, buses, tractors (we live by farms ;)), we chase them down. Thankfully they usually go quite a bit slower so it makes it pretty easy. He also likes to find horses and cows on our drive. Which makes it convenient to practice his animal noises. These things make my crazy guy so much happier in the car, go figure!

He might not be a huge cuddler, even though I can usually steal a few mins after a rough nap wake up, he will still give kisses and occasional hugs and I LOVE it!

His favorite game is still "I'm gonna get you". And he usually lets me know he is ready to play by pushing me on my bum to hide.

Whenever we go over dips in the car he says again, again..... :) 

He says "please" and "bye" the loudest out of all his words. 

His fav TV shows have changed to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Paw Patrol and Thomas. But he could watch Cars 1 & 2 & Bolt every day, all day if I would let him! Definitely have to limit TV time for the kid that wakes up saying Mickey, Mickey, me Mickey.

His fav foods are treats! I hear "treats, treat, treats" a million times of day. It would be Dum Dums, snicker doodles, & Mike and Ikes all day, everyday if Jax ran the world. So between him being a very picky eater and food allergies, other favorite foods have been challenging. He does like most fruits, unless they are canned (winter is going to suck!). Veggies are for the weak but puts up with avocados. He will eat chicken and hot dogs and he is also a big fan of snack food....of course! Bring on the fruit snacks, pretzels, apple chips, graham crackers and go go squeezes....heaven help me! I am going to start injecting him with veggies when he sleeps. Thank goodness for multi vitamins and calcium chews or I would never sleep at night out of vitamin deficiency worry.

Everything in his world is one more. He holds up his index finger and says "one more". It's one of those super meltable moments :). 

When he wakes up in the morning or from a map, he throws all his binkies down (yes he still has binkies ;)) & grabs baby George & Mickey. After I lift him out of his crib, he immediately wants down, grabs my hand and leads me to the playroom. 

Every time we tell Jax to say thank you, he says your welcome. And even when I give Jax something and he goes to say thank you, it comes out as your welcome...it's hilarious!

He still rocks a little bit of a short fuse. It's gotten better in the last 4-5 months (knock on wood) but our little guy still has a tendency to melt down like a popsicle in the Caribbean. ;) 

He is a champ at climbing! Whether it be climbing the bar stools, stairs, chairs, couches, table, the kitchen island, the ottoman....anywhere and everywhere! 

Baby George and Dad are still his best friends and Mom making the list more frequently.

His favorites toys are cars, trains. dump trucks, tractors. etc. You can always hear zoom, vroom, choo choo, beep beep and lots of other vehicle related noises at our house. He can name some of his trains, including Thomas, Percy & Gordon. And all of his cars, trains, dump trucks and tractors go anywhere and every where in the house. If we ever move, we will probably find lots and lots of hot wheels. :) 

He thinks mom and dad are jungle gyms. Any time we sit down he climbs on our feet to get a boost or lays on our legs and tries to swing off of them. 

Thankfully he only tries to climb in his crib to get his binkies, lovies and blankie. ;) I am dreading the day he tries to climb out. Right now he just rolls and jumps around and wrestles his lovies in there after he gets up. 

He can now use a big boy swing....why does he have to be so big! When he says "swing" it's the cutest. 

He still loves the water and swimming. He will say "swimming, me swimming" for his whole life.

He loves to reorganize the pantry. Yes, reorganize my neatly organized pantry ;) He tends to be like his mom and organize everything! Bless him :) 

He says "come on, come on" when he wants to go somewhere or "go, go". I haven't quite figured out why he uses one phrase over the other. He is a bossy little thing but cute :). 

I love this boy to the moon and back, tip to tail, forever and ever and ever! (and he knows because that's our night night good bye)

Here is some of our birthday guy's morning....
This was by far my favorite part of the morning! Jax waking up, opening the door and seeing the balloons up and down the hallway. He was beyond cute, running up and down the hallway, kicking the balloons. Then trying to hide in the balloons. Just love this mischievous little munchkin monkey! :) Did you ever see a happier little guy!?!?
Then it was on to open presents. 
(Don't mind the picture of me laying in bed. After about an hour and half of opening presents, playing with it for 30 minutes and then a repeat, this tired lady went to lay back down.....way late night doing birthday and party prep. I do love that he wanted to play with every present he got before opening another one.)
Jax's 1st Birthday (I always forget how little and bald my sweet babes was just last year! It's amazing what a year changes)

No comments: