Sunday, February 10, 2013

We Can Do Hard Things! i.e. Church with a Toddler

After last week's fiasco (Last Sunday @ Church) I decided I was going to research different ways to help Jax during Sacrament meeting. I found this one chick's blog who suggested having a special Sunday bag with items that your child would play with only on Sunday, so the toys seemed new and exciting. I decided to go ahead and make the bag since I have been a little out of commission to do his attention span training. Here is the bag I put together. 
Picked up the bag and tie applique at Hobby Lobby (my FAV store) and pulled out some iron on letters I had from 7 years ago!
The cover, I made super quick but I found the cute interior printables are from this blog (http://www.darlingdoodlesdesign.com/2011/07/gospel-abcs.html) 
I inherited this I-Spy bag my mom made from my sister. Her boys out grew it and I was happy to take it off her hands ;) 
Also inherited this cute BYU crayon roll (again made by MaDeb). 


Some Jesus books :) 
Found a magnetic Noah's Ark on Amazon
Bag all packed up and ready to go! 

Well the bag succeeded as much as it failed. He was still a little wild but I think it's more because of his short attention span because he really liked all the items in the bag. So I guess I will have to buckle down and do the Sacrament meeting training.....blah! But I know it will totally be worth it in the long run! 

No comments: