Sunday, December 23, 2012

Polar Express Night

I love the idea of Jax (& our other future children) growing up with tons of traditions. We already have a lot for the holiday season so naturally I decided we needed a few more :)! I have really wanted to do a Polar Express night but didn't want to go out in the cold to do the traditional ones they have around the valley. With Jaxson being so little I wanted to do something indoors and warm. So for now I decided cookies, hot chocolate and watching the movie would be great (and maybe in the future reading the book). I got on Amazon, purchased the book and movie and waited for a night Jon was home. 

This was our first attempt at Polar Express Night. We got to the hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies (which Jax can't actually have...stinking dairy allergy). But when it came to the movie, it was a no go and we ended up watching Once Upon a Mickey Mouse Christmas for the millionth time!!!! Jax freakin' loves that movie. Even though it was not what I planned it was still great. :) 

This was our second attempt at Polar Express Night and it was pretty successful. Jon and I had hot chocolate and cookies. Jax was super bugged that Jon wouldn't share his hot chocolate made from milk. ;) He would have puked up his day of food if he did take a sip. And we actually watched Polar Express. Jax made it through half and then went to bed. All and all a pretty successful night. 
 I think this is a tradition that will definitely get better with time! :) Hopefully we can figure out some dairy alternatives for Jax or he outgrows it by next year...poor kid, but always the little trooper. But I always love spending time with my little fam, they are simply the best :). 



No comments: