Saturday, December 22, 2012

Midway & Sugar Cookie Party

What a great and trama day all wrapped up into one for this little momma and monkey mister. Here is the story. My Mom and Rick had been staying up in Midway at their timeshare condo with the Watsons and Brooke's girls. So Jax and I decided to venture up to the party (Jon had to work). We were in the door not 5 minutes and Jax grabbed the grill of the fireplace which was blazing! :( He got burn blisters on 7 of 10 of fingers and few on his palm. We called his pediatricians office, who told us cold water (check), pain management (check, thank goodness I had infant ibuprofen in the diaper bag), lots of loves & cuddles (check & check) and proper dressings once the blisters pop on their own. So after some pretty big crocodile tears (understandably) and lots of cuddles and about a half hour he was back to his happy little self and terrorizing the other kids & Uncle Tim. The other kids were soaking up Christmas vacation time, playing games, shooting marshmallow guns (Mom & Rick made, so cute!) and having duct tape fun (go Shauna and Mom for seeing that activity through! The kids did not make it easy!!! :)). After a good amount of recuperation time we decided to go take a swim and of course forgot my camera. Jax was happy as a clam and so were the girls, the boys ditched us for games as they had also gone swimming twice that day. ;) After swimming we got ready to go to Jen and Ross' for cookie decorating and pizza and that's when the rest of my day went down the crapper....I lost my keys!!! We seriously looked every where and forever. I had them right after the pool because I had driven there and back. We checked the car, the walk to the condo, the condo, everyone's bags, etc. Ultimately, because my car was still unlocked, we grabbed Jax's car seat out and with a little persuasion (because this lady was feeling way defeated after Jax burned his hand and losing my keys) headed to Jen and Ross's in Mom and Rick's car. 
When I got there I was greeted with a hug from my sister, Jen, which was what this lady needed. I felt so defeated by my day. I felt like such a horrible mom. First I let my kid burn his hand and second I lost the keys and now I had no idea how we were going to get our car home (we had many offers for rides home as well as places to stay, I have a pretty great family). I had been texting Jon throughout the day and he decided to leave work early and bring the spare key up to Midway. Meaning he would have to drive from Orem to Saratoga Springs to Midway. I have a pretty great husband too! After he let me know he was coming I allowed myself to relax and enjoy the party and it really was a great party. Jax was such a good sport with his burned hands and continued to harass the big boys and Harper. The girls were cookie decorating champs! At the end of the night I think we all ate too many cookies, too many slices of pizza and had way too much fun! Thanks to Jen and Ross for hosting a great party. And thanks to my family and husband for showing a lot of kindness and patience to a way frazzled and stressed out mommy. 
Update: The keys were found the next day in the bedding of the room I had changed out of the swim stuff in. So random! I am just glad to have our spare key back :) All is well that ends well I guess!!!! :) 

No comments: