Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Oh Walmart....

About every other time I go to Walmart I leave with a bad taste in my mouth. The biggest issue being entitled and rude people! I really do try and let every one and their mamma merge in the aisle and let people with a couple items go ahead of me. Now I know I am not perfect but I know how I feel when I leave Walmart and I don't want others to feel that way. So just when I was convinced Walmart brought the worst in people I was proven wrong. One day, when I was particularly worn down and Jax refused to sit in the cart, I encountered the kindest people at Walmart. One gentleman moved two or three times for me when I encountered him in the aisles and was so kind about it, smiling and waving at Jax as I held him. And the real kicker was a lady that helped me unload my cart at check out. I told her I was okay when she offered to help and she said, "I know you are okay and you can do it, but the great thing is you don't have to do it by yourself, I'm going to help you." She made my day and made me smile. How grateful I am for people that take a few minutes out of their day to help others. I was the beneficiary of one such kind deed and I couldn't stop thinking about and feeling so grateful. I hope I can be one of the people that takes those small moments to help others....something to work on! :)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

If I was a betting girl .. I would bet that you are already one of those people~~ Hello!!! Talk about way too hard on yourself. :) I love a good experience and it is so awesome that you are taking the time to write things down. I have awesome experiences all the time and talk about it for months.. hello.. hamburger.. or I'm practically a man .. and then I forget. :( So good for you for writing your awesome memories down. xo.

Shauna said...

p.s. Love it that you have taken off that silly write these letter things. :)