Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My 28th Birthday







I am going to brag a minute and say I have the best husband ever! He took work off for my birthday and planned a day of fun. After Jax slept in (wahoo & happy birthday to this mommy) and finished his first nap, we headed up to City Creek so I could pick out a birthday gift and go to lunch. Well because we are currently building a house and all I can think about is decorating and buying stuff for the house (that I am cheap!), I wasn't able to find anything worth getting. But we did have a great lunch at Kneaders and picked up cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory on the way out. After City Creek we headed up to the outlets in Park City to see if we'd have better luck on the birthday gift. I did find a couple of cute shirts, which made this lady happy. As we headed home Jon spilled the secret that he had gotten me a massage for that night. And it was the best massage ever, topped off by birthday cheesecake when I got home! Also a couple of days later the celebrations continued and we were able to go a date and see a movie (our favorite past time). Big thanks to my Mom and sister, Shauna, for watching our monkey. He has some major separation anxiety that we are praying gets better and are grateful for those dates alone!! Happy 28th Birthday to me and while I don't love my birthday (I really don't like getting older and this is the first year the mirror betrayed me and is showing my real age), I am grateful for the people who help me celebrate it! :)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Happy Birthday Sissy!! You are the best!! So grateful for you!! Thanks for all you do for me and my little family. So grateful we get to figure out this crazy thing we call life together. Sos glad you were born. xo.