Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Morning

Little secret about me.....Being the youngest in my family I had a little naughty streak. On Christmas Eve, my parents usually put us all in the same room before bed thinking we would hopefully stay put. Well my parents, like most had the "you can only get out of bed at x o'clock in the morning". So in my mind that meant I should probably sneak down before anyone else got up to see what Santa brought because if I was the only one that's not technically breaking the time rule. Yeah that was pretty bad but it's not the worse part, I would get so excited about what I saw that I had no choice but to go get everyone up and inevitably I would slip and say what I saw downstairs and I would get in lots of trouble! :)

This year the roles reversed....well kind of. We now have our own little human alarm clock who woke us up relatively early and we were able to share in the magic of Christmas with him! :)




Making our way out to see what Santa brought......




He loved his floor gym......




Then we opened some presents......







Then it was onto breakfast and our classic Christmas morning movie, "It's a Wonderful Life". Someone got quite tuckered out and only made it a few minutes into the movie :).




*How grateful I am for the season to celebrate our Savior's birth. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have been born & raised in gospel and feel especially grateful to raise Jaxson in it as well. What an amazing gift we have received from Christ and what a wonderful time to celebrate it. :)

Years of Christmas Morning: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007

No comments: