Friday, February 12, 2016

30 Things: 5 Passions I Have Right Now

My 5 passions right now (2016)
1. Making sure my kiddos grow up right. I could write this one passion and be done with the my list. Okay maybe not but is a huge chunk of my drive, my goal in life right now. I remember when I received my patriarchal blessing at age 19. I was so conflicted because it encouraged me to stay at home with my children. At the time, the idea of staying home felt like a sour punch to the face. I was going to have a career, I was getting a nanny (I do believe there is no one way to be a mother and amazing mothers can have careers as well). When I prayed about my blessing, I received such a strong confirmation that my place in this life would be in service of my children and in the home. A hard pill to swallow but with the peace from the Lord I moved forward with this goal in mind. Now, 12 years after my blessing, 4 and half years of motherhood, I find so much joy in trying to raise good children, good people. I find joy in the prospect of raising good, honorable men....something the world is in desperate need of. Men that will do amazing things in this world, that will change the world with one good decision, one good action at a time. (Who knows, maybe I will get to raise a good woman too!)
2. Developing the best eternal relationship with Jon that I can. I love Jon. He is my best friend. He is the upper when I am down and my laughter to my tears. He is rationale to my crazy and the best helper around. Our marriage has not always been an easy one (which one is right!?) but it has always been worth it. One thing we need to get better at is, putting each other before the kids. With young children it is a HARD thing to do! But I know if we get to this point consistently our relationship, our love, will be stronger for it. I also believe the children will be better for it as well. I hope I always have a passion to make our relationship better, to love him more, to love him deeper. to love him forever.
3. Doing projects. This is something that feeds my soul. I love finding that item, a diamond in the rough. Uncovering and revealing it's real beauty brings me so much joy. I truly believe there is beauty in everything. And finding that beauty allows me such a self of accomplishment and happiness. 
4. Creating and documenting memories with my people. I love the idea of an amazing memory made and documented for the future. I also believe one of the most important things in life is relationships and they are formed by our experiences with others. 
5. Being there for my people. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I really suck at extending service to those in my ward/neighborhood......whoops! But I really try with all my heart, to serve and support my people. I love my family and friends with all my heart and I cannot imagine getting through the hard in my life and celebrating the good without them. My hope is I'm there for them as much as they are for me. We take few things when we leave this life and the relationships we build, nurture and grow is one of them.

No comments: