Tuesday, January 26, 2016

30 Things (My Kids Should Know About Me)

Over the course of my adult life I have been constantly fascinated with stories my parents, grandparents, aunt and/or uncles, siblings, etc. I have loved hearing the stories that made them them. And I always wished I had asked more of the those who are gone and continually kick myself for not making the time to hear the stories of the ones that are still here. I thought it would fun to document some things for my kiddos to read in the future. I found this list, 30 things my kids should know about me, and it seemed a perfect way to encapsulate a few of my stories for them. Since our family blog is essentially our family history, I thought it would be the perfect place to capture it. 

First I will start with 20 random facts about me......
1. I hate to sleep with socks on, despite the fact that I have really cold feet. (like so cold I shove them under Dad's butt.....which he loves ;)) Papa (my dad) always told me feet need to breath. 
2. I am a realist. Dad likes to say I'm a pessimist....not true! I have hope but it's always grounded in the realm of reality. Like I tell your Dad, I keep it real! 
3. I love, love, love clean sheets. I love the smell, the feel, I love it all. 
4. I can't do a legit cartwheel.....the ones I can do are humorous at best. 
5. My nick name from age 2 on was Kisser because I was such a loving, affectionate little kid. Family members, immediate and extended, still call me it. Ask MaDeb what I am listed as under her phone. I personally love that it has lasted with age. It is a badge of loving honor and I love it. 
6. I like to pop zits....gross I know! I have always liked popping zits and going to school for esthetics aka skin care, didn't help the cause, just made it worse. 
7. Being creative is a huge part of who I am. It's my outlet, my oasis. It truly just let's me feel centered. 
8. Some nights I have wicked insomnia. It's hereditary so watch out! 
9. I'm incredibly steadfast, aka head strong. It is and has been both a blessing and curse in my life. 
10. I value family above almost all else (save the Gospel, which values family as well). They are my best friends, my confidants, my secret keepers, my laughter, my love.
11. I have a pretty solid OCD streak. I've let up some since having children but it's still pretty strong. In my mind, everything has a place (& I have usually created a space for it! Love me some organization) 
12. I'm extremely ticklish. And because of this, I HATE having my feet touched. I accidentally kicked someone once who was giving me a pedicure. 
13. I am a country girl at heart. I feel at peace in wide open spaces and quiet living. It truly soothes my soul. How I married a city boy I'll never know ;) 
14. I have had stitches 4 times in my life (not counting "pushing out babies" stitches) but no broken bones (knock on wood!)
15. I played basketball and volleyball in junior high. I wasn't particularly awesome or terrible. I got super intimidated when I moved to the city my 9th grade year and stopped playing. 
16. I had the nick name of runaway bribe, just ask Dad about it. 
17. I couldn't whistle till I was like 10 or something crazy! I'm still not the best whistler I am not going to lie! 
18. I am NOT, repeat not, a morning peron....at all! I hit my go-go stride at night. 
19. I was voted prettiest eyes in high school. I attribute that to how I did my make up because the dude that won had aqua blue eyes. Thankfully our year book hall of fame photo was in black and white. Ha! ;) 
20. I love classical music. I swear I can feel the beauty and emotion in every note. 

1 comment:

MaDeb or Deb said...

Loved reading the 20 things! Some I already knew and some I learned a thing or two! What a great idea for your posterity! Love you so much and love the woman you have grown up to become! What a blessing you are in my life.