Monday, June 22, 2015

J2B2: We're Having A...........

Today I had my 16 week check up (technically a day short of 17 weeks) with Dr. Ollerton. During my appointment he asked if I wanted to sneak a peek at the gender of the baby. Since I left Jon home with all the kiddos I asked if he could write it down so I could open it with Jon. I love my doctor because he made me cover my eyes and printed out an ultrasound picture of the baby's stuff. On the way home, I decided to stop by Partyland and have them fill a gender reveal balloon for Jax and Jon to pop. I even left the store so I wouldn't be tempted to look! 
I thought it would be fun to do a "pop" party and picked up Pop Rocks with the balloons. The kiddos grabbed the color of rocks to match their gender vote. Barrett, Xander and Jon voted boy. Grace, Lola, Jax and I voted girl. It was so fun to do the gender reveal with some of the Watson kiddos at our house!
I think Jax loved popping the balloon and all the excitement! The boys (including Jon who guessed right again!) were excited that its a boy and the girls were a little sad. 
I'm truly so excited to have another little mister in our house and even more excited for a brother for Jax. Hopefully we survive having two hooligans :).

No comments: