Tuesday, March 24, 2015

J2B2: Can You Repeat That?

This morning I went in my blood test at the fertility clinic to test for a viable pregnancy. They said they would be calling in the afternoon with the results, if not before the end of the day. I decided to head to my sister, Shauna's house, to hang out for a little bit and add a little distraction to my day. As we sat and chatted for a minute, my phone rang. It was only 11:00am and the clinic was calling me. The thought automatically ran through my head.....they get the bad news calls out of the way first thing because those calls are the worst! I answered my phone and walked outside, fully expecting heartbreaking news. The nurse said she was calling with my test results. I tried to speak but no words came out. It felt like all the oxygen in the whole world was sucked out. She continued and said my test was positive. I still just stood there trying to make words come out of my mouth. Finally, I asked her if she was sure those were my results (there was no way they could be my results). She again confirmed I was pregnant and my HCG numbers looked great. She suggested I have a repeat blood test in another week to ease my obvious (she didn't use that word) concerns. So I scheduled to head in another week to make the pregnancy was progressing. There are no words to express my excitement. It was so surreal to hear the results and not see them on a stick in my own home. It has been such a different journey but there are not enough words to express my gratitude for the destination.

I decided to do something fun to let Jon know we were expecting. On the way home from Shauna's, I stopped in at Old Navy and picked up a "Best Big Brother" t-shirt for Jaxson to wear. I put Jax in it right before his nap. When Jon got home, Jax was still sleeping and I was dying to share the news. After a few minutes of mentally dancing, Jaxson woke up, ran out of his room and gave Jon a big hug. Jon didn't even glance at his shirt. Finally I said, isn't bubs' new shirt so super cute. He read the shirt and then looked at me with this inquisitive look. I then took him I received the blood test result and it was positive. He was so excited and we both shed a few tears of happiness. I can't wait to reconfirm next week and have an ultrasound not long after that! :) It all still seems so surreal! 

No comments: