Friday, August 1, 2014

Living Beyond Two Weeks

Recently, I read a great article on coping with secondary infertility. It focused on a few things to try and few things avoid. One thing that really stuck out to me, was not to live in two week increments, i.e. menstrual start to ovulation, ovulation to menstrual start. It's really easy to feel like I am constantly waiting to go from one step of my cycle to another and praying for a miracle. While it feels like common sense to not live two weeks at a time, for  me it was a good reminder. To live each day. To squeeze my boy a little tighter. Find joy in the small things and the entirety of my life. Of course, I am going to track my cycles and feel the weight and pain of failed cycles but I will try and keep the mindset of living beyond two weeks.

No comments: