Sunday, May 25, 2014

Tiny Moment - Come, Ye Disconsolate

I'm not going to lie, church is very, very hard for me right now. Not because I don't believe it, I totally do. However, it is very difficult to be around all the babies, baby bumps and large families at church (pretty sure I am one of the only 30 year olds to have one child in my ward). Sometimes I sit in sacrament meeting and I feel like I can't breath. This morning, I really didn't want to go. Jon had to work and Jax didn't want to nap. I kept getting the feeling that it would be good for me to go but I pushed it aside all morning. I truly didn't want to deal with every thing that makes church hard for me right now. When Jax woke up at 1pm. I decided to throw clothes on the both of us and head to church. Jax was so good for me, which is kind of rare. But the suffocating feeling was still ever present. When the last speaker got up I prayed for sacrament to just end. Then he started to speak about the trials we all go through and read through Hymn 115, Come, Ye Disconsolate.

1. Come, ye disconsolate, where'er ye languish;
Come to the mercy seat, fervently kneel.
Here bring your wounded heart; here tell your anguish.
Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot heal.
2. Joy of the desolate, Light of the straying.
Hope of the penitent, fadeless and pure!
Here speaks the Comforter , tenderly saying,
"Earth has no sorrow that heav'n cannot cure."
3. Here see the Bread or Life; see waters flowing
Forth from the throne of God, pure from above.
Come to the feast of love; come ever knowing
Earth has no sorrow but heav'n can remove.

He talked about how we are all struggling but there is nothing that heaven is not aware of and cannot "heal". It was a talk that I really needed to hear. Sometimes I feel very alone on this infertility journey. Feeling as if the heavens are closed to me at times. I know that's not true. I know Heavenly Father hears my pleadings and prayers. I know my Savior has felt my pain and bore my burdens. So while church is extremely hard for me right now, it's also exactly what I need too.

No comments: