Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Survival Method of a Silver Lining

My survival methods over the past almost year and half have varied....A LOT! :) There has been a lot of talking to friends of family. Lots of ice cream. Lots of treats. Lots of tears. Lots of relaxing soaks in the tub. Lots of movie checking out. Lots of writing things down. Lots of screaming and yelling. Lots of prayer. And finally lots of focusing on the silver linings in my life. My silver linings have been my saving grace lately. They allow me to feel some assemblance of peace about our situation. Like there is some kind of reasoning or rationale to it. So I look for the silver linings in my life. They are ever changing and probably made up in my mind more than anything. But for now it works! :) For now, I find in peace in the fact that I have a lot of 1 on 1 time with Jaxson, something I think he really needs. I find peace that he will be a little older when we have another baby (hoping the jealously factor is a little less and his growing independency is a little more). I find peace in the fact that I will never take getting pregnant & having a baby lightly or for granted again. I find peace in the fact that the role of motherhood has been strengthen in my through this process. I find peace in the fact that Jon and I have been able to become stronger as a couple. I find peace in the fact that I am able to have "me" time and develop my gifts and abilities and in so many other silver linings. So while these silver linings might only be a temporary solution to my survival, they are an amazing blessing that I cherish.  

No comments: