Friday, January 31, 2014

Acceptance of the Inevitable

As I help Jax with something this afternoon I feel it. It's familiar, on schedule, hated and dreaded. The first cramp. The cramp preceding the major ones to come in the next few days. I try to wish it away, will it away, pray it pray, plead it away. But it doesn't stop and only grows. I tell myself that there is no way this is happening.....Not again. Not for the 14th time. Please no. But the pleading doesn't help and the nightmare continues. So I suck it up, put on my happiest mom face and continue with my day. I know the full blow heartache is days away. Something I have not been able to prepare myself for the last 13 times and I know this time will be no different. I know it will feel like another loss. It sounds funny to call it a loss but truly to me it is. It is a baby that will never be, that I will never get to hold or raise, I will never get to love. So to me it is a loss. And such a painful, personal one. The kind that reminda you a piece of your family's forever is missing. Now I wait for the day when my own personal hell begins, for the bottom to drop out. And because anticipation is callus, I will soon start to pray for it to come. Some might naively say I jinx myself. But if I've learned nothing else through this trial, I've learned I cannot change the Lord's will or my body's. Jinxing myself is a worry of the past.  So soon I will pray. I will pray to be put out of my anticipation misery. I will pray to start my period. Then I will and the seemingly vicious, unforgiving cycle will begin again. And I will ask myself how much more sorrow can I bare.

1 comment:

R & C said...

Lyss, I am so sorry that you are having to endure this struggle. It makes me sad that someone as wonderful as you who deserves to have whatever she desires is facing this struggle. Stay strong and positive! I know you have heard it from many and probably yourself, be patient it will all work out and for now enjoy the moments you do have with your family. Love you lots wish I could be there to help cheer you up!!! :)