Monday, May 6, 2013

The Refining Fire

There is a section of scripture that has always been my solace even from a very young age, D&C 121:7-9, 7. My son (I insert daughter to have the Lord speak to me), peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; 8. And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. 9, Thy friends do stand by thee and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands. This section of scripture is Heavenly Father speaking to Joseph Smith while he was prisoner in the jail at Liberty, Missouri. But how amazing it is when we read a portion of scripture and we can feel God's power, truth and voice speaking directly to us. Me, like every one else on this earth, have and will continue to experience trials. I have always felt like maybe if I fly under Heavenly Father's radar he will think a. I can't handle another trial or b. she's good where she is at. (Sometimes I think my spirit was all about Lucifer's plan, forced to do the right thing. Just joking! My heart loves liberty and choice way too much for that!) I forget that my Heavenly Father knows me better than anyone else on or off this earth. He knows my heart, my strengths, my weaknesses, my everything. And in this knowledge I have to take solace in the trials that come my way. In the past, even when I thought the broken pieces of myself would never come back together, the Lord has made me whole again. Although I fear trials probably more than anything else in this world, I know the Lord walked with me through my trials and heart aches. I know He has carried me and sent angels that have soothed my soul, brushed away my fears and calmed my demons. I know that I am loved eternally. And at the end of the day, I know the trials are my refining fire and the burns are accompanied with the healing power of my Savior.

No comments: