Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The "Who Married Up" Temple Exit Game (aka 4th Anniversary Post)

So there is this game that I have "heard" people play when waiting for couples to exit the temple after being sealed. Okay you got me, I've played it too! Sometimes those temple exits take FOREVER!!! You have to find things to occupy your time, hence the game. Now I am not proud of the game but it is entertaining. It's called the who married up game. Yes, it is totally superficial and based on looks but like I said entertaining. The game is very simple, a random couple exits the temple and you determine who married up based upon looks. So why you ask am I referencing this game. Well I will tell. Jon and I have been married 4 years now and every year I think wow I married up and I thought I would write the reasons why! :)

1. He is one of the most patient people I have ever met. He doesn't rush me with discussions, decisions, etc. He knows that I need time to decompress and evaluate. While others would push, he lets me be until I am ready. He knows it's something that I need to function and respects that.
2. He is determined. When he truly wants something, he will do the things necessary to obtain it. Hence our marriage ;)
3. He has so much love in him and shares it selflessly.
4. He is extremely thoughtful. Whether it's getting up with Jaxson, or taking out the trash, or just asking me how I am doing. The welfare of others, especially Jaxson and myself are always on his mind.
5. He lets me kick him when he snores....which is a lot.
6. He lets me have the big couch and takes the love seat when we sprawl out to watch movies.
7. He is quick to give me mommy breaks.
8. He grounds me. When I am freaking out or letting myself be carried away in something that has no benefit to myself or others, he brings me back.
9. He supports me with whatever I have going on, especially with whatever stress I have.
10. He makes Sunday pasta.....yummy!
11. He lets me put my feet under him when I am cold (even if he thinks it's super weird and doesn't particularly like it.
12. He still sings to me on occassion.
13. He still randomly grabs my hand to hold it.
14. He puts up with my crazy antics and lack of a filter (which I think he secretly likes).
15. He seeks to understand me, not to be right.
16. He lets me steal the covers every night.
17. He sacrifices so much for our family and works extremely hard.
18. He tolerates and finds humor in my technologically challenged way of life.
19. He does the dishes.
20. He still remembers to tell me I am beautiful
21. He nows when to bring me a treat or soda.
22. He is quick to assure me that my effors were more than enough and that I'm not a failure. He is also quick to encourage me.
23. He doesn't care that I am not particularly the best cook.
24. He finds compassion for others and me.
25. He has a testimony of Christ and the Gospel. He also helps me find my answers and assurances to my gospel questions.
26. He respects me and my ideas.
27. He looks for the best in people (including me) and encourages them (me) to thrive.
28. He loves our son so purely.
29. He is still fun.
30. He not only loves me but on a good day he likes me. :)

Honestly the list could go on and on, and not to say that he doesn't drive me nuts sometimes. Hello we are married, you are going to bug each other but I am grateful for his amazing attributes that make our marriage work and work pretty great. Happy anniversary babe. I love you (& will always save a place for you).

As for our anniversary, it was a little different this year as we took the monkey along with us to dinner. He always makes our adventures entertaining....that's for sure!!! We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (yum) and came home for our traditional carrot cake (was the top tier of our wedding cake and we have carrot cake every year on our anniversary as a silly little tradition) and Martinelli's. Jon actually didn't have any as he started to get really sick :(. Fingers crossed he starts feeling better.









No comments: