Thursday, January 12, 2012

Moment to Moment

I remember a little ways back I was talking to my sister, Shauna, about her kids and being a mom. She said (not verbatim, the conversation was too long ago) often times you have to thrive off of the special mommy moments to make it through the hard times. It made sense at the time but having my little guy now, I can emphatically agree! In past three months I have never been so tired, frustrated or agitated in my whole life. However I have also never felt so blessed, loved or fulfilled. Right now in our house every nap is a fight/train wreck. But when little man wakes up after much struggle to get him down, he greets me with the sweetest I missed you momma smile. In that special mommy moment I melt and remember why I love being a mom! I attempt to hold onto that moment through the next fussy time because I know just around the corner he will melt my heart with something like holding my hand or stick his tongue out when he smiles. So for today and I am sure many more days if not years to come I will live moment to moment.

No comments: