Sunday, October 2, 2016

Week of Tiny Moments - October 2nd to the 8th

10.02
We love General Conference. The messages are amazing and the breakfast is always yummy!
During Conference I got to hang out with this cool guy.......
I even stole some snuggles from him, which is pretty rare these days because he's such a big boy.......
And I bet you can't guess how Bens ended his day ;).......

10.03 
Typical morning chaos with the baby monsters......
And a little hanging with dad, which always rocks......
10.04
Jax making sure Benson knows how to get his business done over the phone......
I took this little mister to do errands today. He might be the cutest sick kick ever....
10.05
Man sometimes life just stinks doesn't it! Jon has been working crazy long hours at work lately and took this week off for a stay-cation and to help get some projects done around the house. While I was at the DMV finally renewing my license (& thankfully Jax was school, Bens was with me), Jon received a call from his district manager letting him know he was being laid off. Woof! His boss gave him little reasoning as to why he was the general manager chosen (they picked a general manager in every district to be laid off if their floating manager hadn't been placed in a store manager position) and only apologies. He was told he would be employed for 30 more days and would receive a small severance package, which included healthcare for 4 months. His boss told him he would also receive preferential hiring for any open position in Verizon and he would happily be a stellar reference for any job, in or out of Verizon. When I got home from the DMV, I drove up to a distraught husband who informed me he lost his job. Wow! I was definitely not expecting that. My husband's store was number one in the district, number 5 in the region for year to date. He had received rewards for his performance as manager and had been with the company for 8 years (all without any behavioral or performance issues). And his employees loved him, they were their own little family down in the Spanish Fork store. Needless to say I was in shock and so was he. We went inside the house, distracted the kids, vented our frustrations and cried at the uncertainty of our situation. It felt like we were hit with a freight train! Jon had planned on retiring with Verizon and thought if he ever left, it would be by his choice. After the initial dust settled, I tried to freak out and I had the most overwhelming feeling that it would be okay, that we would be okay and the Lord and others were watching over us. I again tried to freak out at all the uncertainty, but again the feeling of peace washed over me and this time I let it. How grateful I am for that feeling! How grateful I am for my husband and his determination to get our little family back on their feet. How grateful I am for our extended family and friend support system. I know we will be okay and I have a sneaking suspicion that the Lord has greater things in store for my sweet husband and our family. 
10.06
Today Jax had his 6month dental check up. Not only did he rock his check up, but he was cavity free again! Go bubs! He getting pretty good at brushing those buggies off his teeth ;).......
10.07
Today we headed to the Saratoga Springs Great Pumpkin event. It was crazy crowded but still fun and nice to get out of the house so we could breath a little bit during our rough time. 
(Jax was not, repeat not excited to get his face painted but it was happening since I waited in line for an hour). 
(everyone is ticked and grumpy.....time to go home!) 
(Jax walked in the house, grabbed a baby wipe and a chair, made his way to the mirror and wiped off his face paint. We were cracking up so hard! Love this kid and lesson learned!) 
10.08
Oh man this kiddo in the morning........

No comments: