Friday, February 27, 2015

I Can Do Stress.......I Just Might Get An Ulcer!

Today has been a roller coaster! Woof! I went in for my day 2 baseline ultrasound scan only to find out I had a small cyst on my left ovary. I was told they would have to do blood work to determine my E2 level (estrogen level). If my level ended up high, I would either have to skip the cycle to see if the cyst resolves itself or take birth control to help it resolve quicker. From what I understand when your estrogen level is high, with the presence of a cyst and being on day 2, it indicates the estrogen is routing to the cyst and not developing follicles. Making the cycle a long shot having only one ovary functioning at top condition. The nursing staff said the blood work results would come in tonight and they would call me. After I left these office, I couldn't help but feel defeated. I was so frustrated at the lack of control over my own body, over our fertility situation. I had such a hard time wrapping my mind around skipping the cycle that I had been waiting for. I hadn't just been waiting the three weeks since our last appointment but I had been waiting 27 failed cycles. Being a control freak can be rough sometimes. Luckily my sister let me have a little cry about it and then I decided I can't change the results, I certainly can't control them so I would have to wait till the evening and deal with what came. Around 6:00pm I got a call from the clinic, letting me know my estrogen levels looked great and I could proceed with my first shot tonight. Wahooo!!! I kept asking the nurse if she was sure. I was so excited for the go ahead. I went ahead and called Freedom Fertility Pharmacy to order more medications (I guess you always wait to order you. After the call, I went to do my first shot....
Day 1
Jon said he would do the shot if I could absolutely could not do it. He ran to the bathroom and I gave myself the shot. Easy peasy! :) He wanted to video it, I was not down with that! Hahaha!!! Shortly after I gave myself the first shot, I received a call from the pharmacy and let me know our insurance would not cover the Bravelle at all but they would cover Gonal-F, and they are pretty much the same medication and I could change them on Monday without medical issue. I asked how much the Bravelle would cost out of pocket and they told me a little under $700 (and I am a low dose 75) and then I asked how much the Gonal-F would cost with our insurance covering. They told me $80! So crazy! Needless to say I was on the phone the next hour going back and forth between the pharmacy and the on cal nurse at my doctor's office, getting the prescription changed over to Gonal-F. Such a headache but so grateful to save over $600 on the medication portion! And I am so grateful that our insurance is covering so much of the Gonal-F prescription. Also I found out my ovarian reserve looks good. They had run the blood test on my first appointment and I asked for the results at my scan. I was so relieved. One more thing to take off the list as possible answers. It was definitely a good one to take off the list. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sending good pregnancy vibes your way!