Sunday, January 25, 2015

Breath Momma

To the moms of "problem" children (wow I'm already crying as I start to type this. An event which brought on this post is still very fresh for this momma. Anyways, here it goes). To all of you moms of high energy, stubborn, wild, rambunctious, adventure seeking, firecrackers up their bums, etc. children, take a deep breath. Take lots of deep breath, take them all day long. Because I know that you need them. In your breath, remember it's just a moment. A bitter sweet moment in time. A time that goes too fast in hindsight but feels like an eternity in you momma insanity and desperation at the time. Know that you are never alone in your worry, insanity, tears, frustrations, broken heart, etc. Even though you feel quite alone in sea of "well behaved, normal" children and their sometimes "assuming" parents. Remember the moment will pass and all the good and amazing in your child is still there and always has been. Your child is not a "problem child" and you are not failing. Screw everyone who thinks differently. Yup that's right, I said screw them (judgement comes from an insecurity within them, not your child or you). They can't fathom that one little person can hold so much.

I have my very own high energy, steadfast little guy. He requires a lot of attention, consistency, redirection and a bum load and a half of patience. He is also sweet, funny, thoughtful, intelligent, adventurous and loving. Unfortunately with Jaxson (in other people's eyes) it's easier to see the busy, stubborn, at times aggressive side....the challenging part of him. He is still learning to deal with all the extras that come with his awesome personality and so am I as his mother. I remember Jon's grandma said the sweetest, wisest thing to me. She said how can we expect the mammoth of the spirit Jax has to fit in that little body. He needs to explore, see and do. He needs to let that spirit shine. I am always working on letting him shine and not worry about how others see him. Because my "problem" child as some would call him is freakin' AWESOME! And we could not love him and all that comes with him more!

No comments: