Saturday, August 23, 2014

Run For Timmers

The Watson family is a very active family. They are a bunch of go getters! :) Tim and Shauna are definitely at the heart of it. They had done a few 5k this summer and Tim had signed them up for one more in August. This last summer 5k happened to fall on the day he died. My amazing sister decided the best way to honor Tim, was to run for him. To honor the way he decided to live. To seize the day. To continue to live life and find joy through all the pain. After coming to my house to pick up her kiddos, she let them know Tim had passed she asked each of the kids if they would be willing to run. Through all the pain and uncertainty, their amazing kids all accepted Shauna's invitation to honor Tim by running. It was such a painful day but there was such an amazing light that emanated from their little family. I know the run had far more runners than we could see. I was glad I invited my own little family to run and honor Timmers. 
Our 5k crew
And this was an H2O run. They would dump a bucket of water upon request (water guns happened regardless). 
Xander was a champ about it! 
The kiddos asked if I would do it.....and of course I did! :) It was cold!!!!
Love this runner boy!

No comments: