Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tiny Moment - Come On Sleepy Time

For years I have heard the horror stories of insomnia, especially from my own family since it tends to run in my family. I felt pretty lucky because I thought I escaped it. It turns out I was not so lucky. I have had brutal insomnia for almost a year. I don't have a problem staying asleep typically but more falling asleep. I usually go to bed around 2. Thankfully Jax sleeps in till about 7:30-8 and I can crash nap once a week, so I can somewhat manage. I have tried skipping my crash nap and any sleeping in that Jon let's me do to see if I can reset my body but it hasn't worked. I have also tried baths, writing out lists to clear my mind, relaxing music, etc., etc. Nothing seems to work. So I finally called my doctor's office and asked for a good non-habit forming sleep aid for a person TTC. They recommended Unisom (a category A medication). Last night was the first night I took it. It was a little weird. My body was really tired and heavy after about an hour. But then my mind jumped on that real quick and decided to run through my list of stresses and to dos. After that it took another hour and half for me to fall asleep. Fingers crossed tomorrow night will be better! :)

No comments: