Thursday, January 16, 2014

One Test Done....Probably A Lot More To Go.......

This morning I had my HSG (Hysterosalpingogram) test performed. Going in I was very nervous on a couple different levels. I expected a lot of pain and uncertain results. Instead it really wasn't painful at all. Pinch, here, pinch, there, a little cramping and done. I am not sure if it was because of the doctor or I am actually tougher than I think I am. Haha, probably the doctor, I am a wuss! (I cried when I had my cervix checked pregnant with Jax. Granted my doc has huge hands!)  So now to the results. The doctor was great and let me watch the x-ray screen as he injected the dye through the catheter. It filled up my uterus and quickly spilled through my tubes. He said there were no blockages, or fibroids or scar tissue. He said my uterus looked smooth, healthy and a normal shape. I was really happy with the results. It's a huge relief to know I don't have crazy scar tissue or damaged tubes.  However, it leaves a huge question mark of why we aren't getting pregnant. So we will try like bunnies this month and if there is no dice, Jon is doing it into a cup next month. Then we will go from there! Wish us luck! :)

1 comment:

M.B said...

Oh man my heart goes out to you. I remember going through the same exact thing. I was so nervous for that test but pleasantly surprised. Then my poor husband had to go through "the cup" stuff as well. It was so hard to go through. Hang in there!! Beg for Clomid lol...it's how I got my twins. I was set up for IVF and the Clomid I took for it did the job! Anyways good luck!