Wednesday, January 22, 2014

5th Anniversary!

Yup that's right, it's been 5 years since Jon and I tied the knot. Well more accurately, 5 years ago we were sealed for time and all eternity. It's been a pretty eventful five years. We have lived in 2  condos, bought our first home, had 6 moves in Verizon with one promotion, Jon finished school at UVU, and most importantly we had one amazing kiddo. Like any marriage we have had our ups and downs, bliss and pain but I am so grateful I get to go through this life with him. I get to be married to an eternal optimist, my best friend, a good man, an great dad and my love.
Thanks to my sister, Brooke, Jon and I were able to get out to dinner for a little bit which was great :). For my present to Jon, I finally changed my last name! Ha! Yes I am the worse wife ever!!! Let me explain. Jon and I had a pretty rough first year of marriage. There were times we didn't know if we would make it. But after a lot of work, compromise and love we figured things out. After that first year, a part of me still felt like my last name was a part of my independence so I just put it on the back burner. When we got preggers with Jax I fully intended on changing it before his birth. I was so excited to add a babe to our family and wanted us to be the Conleys (kind of sad it took a birth of a child to feel that way, but sometimes that's how it goes). Well Jaxson's birth came and went (& yes I am Alyssa Barrett on his birth certificate, after almost 3 years of marriage....mom fail!) and I failed to get to get it changed. And then baby world just took over and it unconsciously got put on the back burner again. Thankfully my brain kicked back into gear and I finally remembered to get it changed. I decided to copy my temp license and wrap it up for our anniversary. I feel pretty horrible it took me five years and a lot of letting go of my pride but I grateful that legally we are the Conleys. :) 

No comments: