Thursday, December 26, 2013

Tiny Moment - A Mermaid & A Turtle

We love Christmas break! While Jax isn't in school yet, his buddies (cousins Max, Xander, Barrett, Jacq & Taylor) are. So today we arranged for all the kiddos (including the big cousins and little cousins Lucas, Hails & Lola) to go swimming together at the Provo Rec Center. We love the Provo Rec and once or twice a month we are able to go swimming with Shauna and Lola. I love swimming with Lola, mainly because I get to be a mermaid and Jax gets to be a turtle :).  Unfortunately, today was not the best day for the turtle. While going down his first tube of the day, he got stuck behind a 8 or 9 year old who purposely stuck themselves in the slide tube. I frantically looked for my son, he was stuck behind the kid for about 30 seconds, and I am assuming he was freaking out. Such a scary 30 seconds for him and this momma. After the 8 or 9 year old popped out of the tube, I found Jax at the bottom of the slide screaming hysterically. Let's just  say after that, he cried on and off the whole time we were there and would not let anyone touch or look at him. I know the turtle will recover but I am so frustrated with that kid. I know kids will be kids  (Growing up, I could be my own version of a little punk) but when a toddler comes down the slide, move, don't hold him behind you! Makes the momma bear in this lady want to come out. Anyways, thankfully the kiddo passed out on the way home and was his happy go lucky self after his nap. Here's to hoping the turtle will swim without a hitch next time. :)

No comments: