Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tiny Moment - A Small Reminder

This chair was from my Grandpa KC and Grandma Letti, who have both passed away the past few years. They were both such amazing individuals and amazing grandparents. They were incredibly kind and so unselfish and giving. They were Christ like and lived to serve others. I am so grateful to have them in my life and have the knowledge that families are forever and I will see them again. I am also grateful to have this item from them and to be able to pass it on through my little family as a reminder of my amazing grandparents. 
This was from the night of 2.5 hours of sanding. If I was painting and not staining it probably wouldn't have taken that long. 
The first under layer......
The second under layer......
Some many staples! 

Drum roll please.........After:
I really wanted to keep it pretty close to the original with small refinishing touches. I'm really happy with how it turned out. :) 

2 comments:

MaDeb or Deb said...

You did an amazing job! Love your comments and that you keep them alive in so many ways!

The Studes said...

that's turned out great! I love the fabric you chose.