Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lucky - Father's Day

What a great day! We love our dadda and loved celebrating how special he is to us! Jon truly is such an amazing dad to Jaxson. I love and value the special relationship they have and am grateful for the decision Jon makes daily to be an amazing father. I hope Jaxson will grow up valuing his relationship with Jon and continue to look up to Jon as the type of person to emulate. Happy Father's Day to our special guy! :) 
(*Be prepared for a picture overload (I know nothing new!) because I couldn't pick my favorite!) 
(This one might be my favorite!) 
(or this one....)
(or this one....) 
(or this one....) 
(or this one...) 
(or this one....)
(or this one. I am pretty sure I love all of them! Love my boys!)
(Oh wait did I make Jon and Jax change back into their church clothes after Jax's nap so I could take cute pictures for Father's Day.....yup pretty sure I did! :))

(I couldn't do this one in black and white because it wouldn't do Jax's cute father's day present justice. I might have done the word taping but bubs did the painting....so cute. Love me some pinterest ideas!) 
My hubs requested hamburgers and tres leches for his father's day meal. I threw in a little brazilian lemonade as a surprise.....so yummy :). 
We love, love, love this guy!!!

Jon's Father's days from the past..........Father's Day 2012

I am also grateful for my own dad. Having Jaxson has allowed me to put myself in my Dad's shoes to some extent and find so much more appreciation of his love and sacrifice for me. Being a parent is NOT easy! I was not always the easiest child growing up. And like most parents and children, we have had our ups and downs but through it all I have known my dad loves me and I am grateful for that knowledge. I am grateful for the life lessons he taught and how to this day he encourages me to be the best version of myself. Sometimes growing up allows us to realize the blessings of our parents in our lives and that has definitely been the case with me and my daddy-o. ;) Love him :) 
I'm also grateful for the father figures I have in my life. While my mom didn't remarry till I was 19 and living in Utah on my own, Rick had no problem treating me like one of his flesh and blood children and loving me as such. Divorce is crappy, that's a fact. However, I am so grateful for my mom's choice in a companion and what a wonderful addition he is to our family and to my life. 

No comments: