Monday, April 1, 2013

Tiny Moments: A New Adventure

So I have been researching recipes like crazy to accomodate Jax's food allergies. I found quite a few awesome ones I wanted to try, including a blueberry muffin one (http://www.thespeckledpalate.com/2013/02/08/vegan-blueberry-muffins/). So picked up the few ingredients that were special to the recipe and not in my pantry and went to work. I think they turned out okay, a little heavy to chew, probably because I cooked them too long or something but not too bad for my first attempt cooking vegan with no soy! Haha I will eventually get the hang out this!!!! 
Here is my Little Sous Chef.
At first I put him in "highchair prison" for a snack. 
After his snack he decided Big George needed to come help me make muffins. 
I am no great chef or baker, I know this. It has never been a strong suit of mine. However, because I'm the only mom Jax has, I will become the best chef/baker I can be! And keep the philosophy: just keep swimming, just keep swimming....until I get the hang out this whole cooking for allergies thing. 

No comments: