Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Yup I am Doing It....30 Tiny Moments (Day 1)

So in keeping with my year goal of thriving in my role and life this year, I have decided to take on the challenge of doing 30 tiny moments. I feel like this will perfectly coincide with my decision to THRIVE! For me, it is so easy to go about my day, getting caught up in the mundane tasks or wrapped up in this or that and I fail to stop and recognize those tiny moments that make a mom, wife and this lady's world go round. So there you have it and here we go...30 tiny moments!
Day 1:
The other day Jax started squishing his blueberries and I was super quick with the "no" and took them away. I thought he was in one of his, "I'm going to destroy everything" moods. So today I put blueberries on Jaxson's highchair tray before lunch and again he went for the squish. This time I stepped back and waited a minute to see what he would do. He proceeded to squish the blueberry, put it in his mouth and eat it. I couldn't help but smile. Sometimes with Jax I am too quick to say no or try and guide him. I forget that the best approach can be to stand back and let him figure out and live his little world. I'm grateful for this tiny moment, which happened to be a tiny moment of teaching for this momma.

No comments: